Effective February 1, 2020
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use NeedTheBuzz Services with the creation or administration of a NeedTheBuzz account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to NeedTheBuzz when they register for NeedTheBuzz webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other NeedTheBuzz events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
NeedTheBuzz asks for your account information which includes your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information, and website domain. By voluntarily providing NeedTheBuzz with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
NeedTheBuzz may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, NeedTheBuzz asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other statistical information as part of aggregated data. We use Google Analytics to help us gather statistical information about the visitors to our Website and how they use the Website on an anonymous, aggregate basis. However, we will not associate this data with your personally identifiable data unless required to do so to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request or to comply with law. We may use this information to gain a better understanding of the users of our Website, to improve our Website, and to improve our Services. Depending on the type of browser and device that you use, you may have the ability to control the type of information that Google Analytics use. To understand how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
NeedTheBuzz uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with NeedTheBuzz for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of NeedTheBuzz’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and NeedTheBuzz.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
NeedTheBuzz shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising - Based on cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions - To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data - We may aggregated or otherwise de-identified your personal information. We own such aggregate or de-identified information and may use and share this information with third parties.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations - To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. NeedTheBuzz may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety - We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of NeedTheBuzz in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent - NeedTheBuzz may share your information with your consent.
Cookies are not the only way to track visitors to a website. We may use similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Websites. These technologies often depend on cookies to function properly, and so disabling cookies may impair their functioning.
How Can You Disable Cookies and Other Tracking Technology? Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit All About Cookies and Your Online Choices. Some Internet browsers also may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit All About Do Not Track.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from NeedTheBuzz at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at [email protected]. As outlined in the Section, Information We Collect, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your NeedTheBuzz account or contacting us at [email protected].
You are not required to provide all personal information identified in this Policy to use our Website or receive or Services, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide personal information. For example, if you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to respond to your request, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find valuable.
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY
When NeedTheBuzz no longer has a legitimate business need (e.g. termination of a Customer agreement) to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
NeedTheBuzz takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, NeedTheBuzz cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
NeedTheBuzz is a US company and stores your information in its data centers in the United States or, in limited cases, in the Netherlands. NeedTheBuzz may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you live. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
The Website may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN USERS
The following applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA):
|Processing Purpose||Legal Basis|
|To provide the Website and our Services and communicate with you.||You are subject to a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide services you have requested or take steps that you request prior to providing services.|
|To send you marketing communications.||These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance the potential impact on your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests.|
|For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety.||We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|For compliance with law.||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent.||If we expressly ask for your consent prior to processing your information, our processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated on the Website.|
|To share your personal information as described in this Policy.||This sharing constitutes our legitimate interests, and in some cases may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
Retention. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
Cross-Border Data Transfers. Any information you provide to us through the use of the Website may be stored, processed, transferred among, and accessed from the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal information as the one in which you reside. However, we will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy regardless of where your personal information is kept. Regarding transfers from the EEA to the United States, we rely on the derogations for transfers which are necessary to perform the transaction with you. Where required by law, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below. If you reside in other non-US jurisdictions outside the EEA, your use of the Website or provision of any personal information constitutes your consent for the transfer of such data to the United States for the purposes identified above. If you have questions about cross-border transfers, please contact us as detailed below.